Google Earth gets new exploration features for its 10th anniversary
Google Earth turned 10 today, and for its anniversary, Google has added new features that improves the way we see places around the world. The main new feature is called “Voyager”, which allows you to directly jump to the most interesting locations around the world.
Google Earth Voyager is divided into a map of 5 different sections, which each uniquely gives you a perspective of our world. The 5 sections of Voyager include;
- Street View: view top places such as monuments at street level
- Earth View: shows you landscapes as seen from space (1,500 landscapes available)
- 3D Cities: shows cities and towns rendered in stunning 3D
- Satellite imagery update: a map of the most recently taken satellite images
- Highlight tour: a mix of thousands of Voyager’s top locations to explore our beautiful world
Voyager is currently only available on desktop, and we hope to see it coming soon on mobile.
Come comment on this article: Google Earth gets new exploration features for its 10th anniversary